Saturday, July 26, 2014

Renovation in Progress (part 10)

Week 10

Finally the IKEA cabinet installation appointment came... Mr Sam, from CT Art, who lead a team of 2 people was very professional and did a great job. Thanks Mr Sam for completing my dream kitchen which I designed! Yippee.. 



It was not an easy task although the kitchen was small. Apparently many panels and fillers were needed to make the kitchen cabinets look seamless.. Further, Mr Sam had to work around the appliances. Do take note and calculate all measurements in your kitchen fittings. This will make Mr Sam's work easier! It took 1/2 a day to complete the installation. 

That Saturday, an appointment was fixed for the counter-top measurement. As mentioned earlier, we ordered the acrylic counter top that was on sale.. if it wasn't, I'd be paying for RM290.00 per sqft... 


Most importantly I chose the IKEA acrylic counter-top was because it was fully imported from Korea (and was on SALE!!).


Apparently I was surprised that the counter-top measurement was accurate (just by using thin wooden strips).. wow this was the 1st time I sat through a counter-top measurement.. hahaha.. so impressed.

They mentioned that it took a week to complete the counter-top mold. Since Hubbs had a job outstation, I had to fix the appointment on a Saturday.. and the following Monday was Hari Raya.. (me not cooking yet.. will test my SMEG cooker and my cooking skills after Raya!).

Before Hubbs left outstation next week, he was eager to install our STOCKHOLM glass cabinet. However, there was a manufacturing defect (wood crack) at the base of the cabinet.. hmmm.. it dampened his spirits as there were 4 heavy boxes that came with it..


Since there was extra panel and cabinet fillers, we returned the same together with our glass cabinet..


It was unfortunate for us the STOCKHOLM glass cabinet was out of stock...



practice makes perfect












No comments:

Post a Comment