Friday, July 25, 2014

Renovation in Progress (part 9)

Week 9

Once the wallpaper was done, IKEA delivered our items as per the purchase order ("PO") within 3 days. (Upon payment, don't forget to pay for the delivery (RM75) per trip).

For a small kitchen - there were so many items ... All were delivered to our rented home safe n sound.. Thanks IKEA Malaysia for doing a good job!!






Not forgetting hubbs and my favorite stuff - the STOCKHOLM Collection - for my new and improved living room (tsk..tsk..tsk.. brand new kitchen, old living room?? guess again - Neh...)



In the meantime, our appliances also arrived to our new kitchen (yippeeee!!! jumping up & down)...

We scouted Harvey Norman to check out cookers and hobs. I noticed that they had a small range of Belling, SMEG and Elba standing cookers. I was not happy over the limited range though, so I scouted the web in search of SMEG showroom. Never thought it was nearby D7, Sentul Showroom. Sentul is no stranger to me but I got lost at first but managed to find it. Hubbs and I fell in love with the SMEG range and we scouted for a free standing cooker of not larger than 60cm, which they had!! I was lucky as they were having a promotion at that time. We were given a CAST IRON griddle worth RM650 and they threw in another free gift which was a WOK support worth RM100 for my cooker! 
(P/s: I have not installed the gas yet as we need to get the cabinets completed.

 1) My lovely SMEG free standing cooker (Italy). 




After booking our SMEG cooker, Hubbs & I decided we needed quality appliances that would last us for years. So we picked Electrolux and to view their latest range, we went to Solaris, Duta Mas (Elux Home Appliances). The Sales Manager was very friendly and assisted our queries (we didn't purchase them at first as we needed to go home and measure these items and fit into our budget). But because the Sales Manager left a good impression and was knowledgeable, we went there again and picked out 4 items for our new kitchen. 

2) My adorable Electrolux fridge (Australia)
FYI - it was too huge to go through the front door.. so they had to dismantle the packaging. After much pushing and shoving (slightly cracked my front door frame...), it was placed safely in my kitchen (swoon!). Hubbs installed the plumbing, filter and water piping at the back of the fridge. 

Note: after the fridge has been transported - do wait for at least 2 hours for the gas to find it's bearings.. haha.. to ensure the longevity of the compressor.

3) My latest Electrolux Dishwasher

3) My Electrolux Washer & Dryer combo
Since we no longer have the laundry balcony to hang our clothes, the washer/dryer combo was our best bet.


4) My Electrolux Cooker Hood 
I didn't get SMEG's cooker hood was because the suction power was not really suitable for Asian cooking. So we got this hood which has a power boost up to 1,300m3/h and 4 fan speed

**All installation of the appliances were done by Hubbs... Neat!!

After the pipes and tubes fixing were done, Hubbs was so eager to install the STOCKHOLM TV cabinet...




I haven't found the time to play with my camera yet to photo shoot the new items. 



Will update this blog soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment